Summary of Position:
This position organizes and ensures the smooth operation of the company events, from planning to implementation, that meet or exceed awareness and program impact goals. In this role, you will lead event planning, operations, and logistics for in-person and virtual events, community outreach, conferences, meetings, fundraisers and other special events. This position is also responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program, including recruitment, orientation, training, engagement, and recognition of volunteers.
The coordinator will be responsible for a minimum of 3 major and multiple smaller events annually. This includes HELP Center specific events and coordinating the HELP Center’s participation in sponsored community events.
The ideal person is driven, organized, has strong time management skills, can multi-task, is very detail oriented, able to work independently as well as work with a team, and will complete projects with tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the CEO and Director of Marketing to create, maintain, and organize tasks for all internal and external events and execute the strategic vision and objectives of each event.
- Lead administrative, management, and logistical tasks such as venue selection, communicating with stakeholders and vendors, gathering quotes, budget development, and all internal and external planning activities related to the event
- Lead event operations and logistics including: on-site venue management, event setup and take down, registration, attendee communications, speaker management, meeting material preparation, expense tracking, event technology, etc.
- Serve as day-of lead for event management, where needed, providing exceptional service and creating memorable events, and ensuring participant satisfaction
- Coordinates activities and formulates strategies related to event program. Monitors event outcomes including revenue and expenses and results in order to make improvements and increase special event program growth.
- Responsible for meeting special events and fundraising revenue goals.
- Directs the work of volunteers or staff regarding administrative support duties including recording and tracking donor invoices, acknowledgement correspondence, mass mailings, thank you letters, support at the event, etc.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to develop messaging for each event including press releases, social media, email campaigns, posters, etc.
- Provide courteous, consistent, professional, and knowledgeable customer service with internal and external audiences
- Assist in marketing efforts such as social media management, maintaining event calendar, client and donor communications, create and send event marketing communications and other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years of event experience
- Experienced at negotiating and building partnerships with vendors
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office and event management tools.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or event management focus
- 5 or more years of event experience
- Experience in Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience in Social Media Management
- Basic web design experience and/or knowledge of HTML
- Volunteer coordination and management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- A strong leader with solid business experience in marketing, operations, and event programing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-functioning team, prioritize multiple projects and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the subject matter
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Carrying, Lifting, Listening, Pulling and/or Pushing, Sitting for long periods, Speaking, Standing for long periods, Walking
- Will require travel and use of a company vehicle to transport event materials
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position is in an office setting that involves sitting and carrying out duties at a computer most of the time
- Off site work visiting event space, vendors and other work locations
Varies, M-F 9-5 except as needed for evening and weekend events
Founded in 1994 to address a critical need to connect health education and prevention services to marginalized populations – those who found it difficult or impossible to access programs addressing their specific and unique characteristics in a culturally appropriate manner, HELP has consistently expanded and adapted. Our focus is on making vitally needed care available to at-risk adolescents and adults, HIV positive individuals, ethnic and sexual minorities, and the LGBT community as a whole.
At the HELP Center for LGBT Health & Wellness, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients – irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website to better understand how we deliver on our mission to enhance health and prevent disease by connecting marginalized populations with innovative, accessible, and comprehensive health care and wellness programming.