Full time $17-22 per hour
Summary of Position:
The HIV Prevention Specialist will provide HIV testing, screening, and education for the HIV Testing and Linkage program at the Health Education Learning Project. The primary target population for the program is gay men in Tarrant County. Note: This position requires tester to conduct blood draws and work evenings and Saturdays. Bi-lingual Spanish/English is required.
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Must have experience with phlebotomy or pass phlebotomy certification.
- Must have experience with, and access to, the gay male population and organizations serving the gay male population preferably in Tarrant County
- Experience (paid or volunteer) in HIV education and counseling preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and other software.
- Must be able to create, maintain and update client database and contact system.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to adapt to new testing and technologies and procedures.
- Provide HIV testing, outreach, and education for the HIV Testing and Linkage program.
- Assist in facilitation of client flow and coordination of all clients.
- Refer, schedule, and maintain appointments for collaborative HIV and STD testing.
- Accurately complete required assessment forms, lab requisitions, and additional written materials.
- Assist in data entry and preparation of monthly reports.
- Follow universal safety precautions.
- Provide and maintain an atmosphere which incorporates the standards and protocols HIV Testing and Linkage program at the Health Education Learning Project
- Provide pre and post-test health education and screening regarding HIV/STD infection, transmission, prevention, and testing.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Link HIV positive clients to local medical facilities and other community resources
- Ensure HIV positive clients maintain enrollment in medication services
- Participate in on-going trainings as needed.