Full time $50,000 - 75,000
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the leadership, management and operations of all HIV prevention programs funded by multiple state and private funders (Texas DSHS, private support and more). This position provides administrative and strategic programmatic direction, which includes management, planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of all aspects and services related to the HIV prevention department. The HIV Prevention Program includes: HIV & STI Testing, community outreach activities, HIV prevention programming and interventions for high risk populations, racial and ethnic minority populations, transgender persons, MSM, and coordination of HIV PrEP/nPEP services with the Clinical Team. Bilingual Spanish/English is highly desired.
- Responsible for the oversight of HIV prevention program.
- Directly oversee HIV testing staff within the department to provide programmatic and administrative guidance.
- Develop and lead the implementation of new strategies, procedures and protocols for the programs to ensure effective delivery of HIV prevention to clients.
- Accountable for all of the department’s programs’ performance and outcomes, including all quantitative and qualitative deliverables.
- Develops, revises and implements program specific policies and procedures as needed to streamline processes and procedures and address barriers to achieving outcomes and efficient service delivery.
- Ensures program compliance with contracts, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards as applicable. Ensures programs are in compliance with grant funder’s requirements.
- Ensures competency of staff within the scope of community health principles.
- Participates in grant development and writing as relevant to the department’s services and growth.
- Responsible for writing and/or review, ensuring data and reporting accuracy, of all reports required by funders
- Directs and assists the programs’ staff, and work in collaboration with the Marketing team, in the development of program promotion activities to ensure the growth and viability of programs.
- Serves as a resource on HIV/AIDS prevention and education to staff and other community agencies.
- Ensures ongoing communication with other community organizations to enhance partnerships to benefit the clients we serve and the mission of the organization.
- Identifies community need for existing and new services, implements program modifications, new strategies and approaches to service delivery, or program enhancements as needed and approved.
- Creates an environment that promotes team work; integration of the different facets of HIV programs with the rest of the organization’s programming and initiatives; individual accountability; staff development; and staff satisfaction with work environment.
- Actively models and communicates HELP’s mission and supports a culture of empowerment, team development, transparency and open communication.
- Models the philosophy of continuous performance improvement within HIV Prevention Program and HELP, ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for all personnel actions for the department including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, corrective actions, training, and evaluating performance of staff.
- Performs other duties as relevant.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of direct management, leadership, and oversight of HIV prevention programs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in various facets of HIV programs, demonstrating progressive leadership & administrative management of direct service delivery.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related social services field.
- Demonstrated experience managing grants is necessary. Experience with grants from HHS, CDC, and/or Texas Department of State Health Services is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies Required:
- Ability to lead a diverse team of individuals to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel overnight and/or attend trainings, activities and functions occurring in the evenings or weekends, as needed.
- Ability to condense complicated material to a simple summary that can be understood by a variety of staff
- Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment
- High degree of attentiveness to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain efficiency under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking, data driven, and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to think strategically to enhance programming to further agency mission
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and will enjoy coaching individuals to increase capacity
- Knowledge of the history and issues facing LGBTQ, HIV-infected and affected, minority and high-risk populations, and other underserved communities
- Ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate personnel and programs; develop effective budgets, plans and goals; to evaluate and maintain standards of quality and safety
- Critical thinking and recall ability for high level planning, analysis and problem solving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership and to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external working relationships, including an affinity for coaching and mentoring staff.
- A passion and commitment to support the agency’s mission, growth and sustainability planning
- Microsoft suite and data systems proficiency
- Must possess and maintain valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, background check, drug screening and employment eligibility verification